Close Menu
Sports Review News
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Hocky
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
  • More Articles

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative sports news and updates directly to your inbox.

Trending

GameThread: Tigers vs. Guardians, 1:10 p.m.

May 21, 2026

Pistons offseason outlook: Offense has to be the focus

May 21, 2026

Eddie Hearn Says Fabio Wardley Made Correct Dubois Decision

May 21, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Sports Review News
SUBSCRIBE
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Hocky
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
  • More Articles
Sports Review News
Home»Boxing»Agit Kabayel Calls Usyk-Rico Fight “Crazy,” Wants Next Shot
Boxing

Agit Kabayel Calls Usyk-Rico Fight “Crazy,” Wants Next Shot

News RoomBy News RoomMay 21, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
Agit Kabayel Calls Usyk-Rico Fight “Crazy,” Wants Next Shot

Agit Kabayel was surprised when the WBC approved Oleksandr Usyk’s heavyweight title defense against kickboxing star Rico Verhoeven instead of ordering the unbeaten German interim champion into the mandatory position. Kabayel still expects to get his shot at Usyk, but admitted he viewed the sanctioning as more of a spectacle fight than a true sporting matchup.

“When I saw it, I said, ‘Crazy,’”


Follow Boxing News 24 on Google News

“Normally, I will call Mauricio and say, ‘What is this?’ But, I respect it, and I hope I’m the next in the line.”

“I think this is a good fight for the fighting fans. I think this is not for sports competition, I think this is for the fans. This is like a show fight.”

“But I think, normally, he must fight with me, Usyk,” said Kabayel to Boxingscene about the Usyk vs. Verhoeven fight.

Agit Kabayel currently holds the WBC interim heavyweight title and had been viewed by many fans as the leading candidate to face Oleksandr Usyk before the WBC-sanctioned Saturday’s fight against Rico Verhoeven at the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt.

Kabayel also believes Usyk should have little trouble handling Verhoeven despite the unpredictability that comes with heavyweight boxing.

“I don’t know, this is boxing, this is heavyweight boxing,” said Kabayel.

“One punch can change a fight, but we will see. This is a good fight for fans, but I think this is an easy night for Usyk.”

Usyk recently outlined a possible three-fight plan that included Verhoeven, the winner of the Daniel Dubois vs. Fabio Wardley fight, and a trilogy clash with Tyson Fury before retirement. Kabayel’s name was not part of that list, though he says he later heard Usyk mention him as a possible future opponent.

Saudi boxing financier Turki Alalshikh has also spoken about potentially staging Usyk vs. Kabayel in Germany later this year.

“If one guy can make this fight happen, I say it’s Turki Alalshikh.”

Robert Segal is a boxing journalist at Boxing News 24 with more than a decade of experience covering fight news, previews, and analysis. Known for his straightforward reporting and ringside perspective, he delivers authoritative coverage of champions, contenders, and emerging talent worldwide.

Click here to subscribe to our FREE newsletter

Related Boxing News:

Categories Oleksandr Usyk

Boxing News 24 » Oleksandr Usyk » Agit Kabayel Calls Usyk-Rico Fight “Crazy,” Wants Next Shot

Last Updated on 2026/05/21 at 11:42 AM

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Reddit Email
Previous ArticleFantasy Baseball: ‘Avoid selling high’ on CJ Abrams — skill vs. luck verdicts for key hitters
Next Article Williams signs key leaders from McLaren, Mercedes, Alpine

Related Posts

Eddie Hearn Says Fabio Wardley Made Correct Dubois Decision

May 21, 2026

Frank Warren Believes Daniel Dubois Has Changed For Usyk Trilogy

May 21, 2026

Richard Torrez Jr. Says Frank Sanchez Fight Will Showcase His Boxing

May 21, 2026

Shakhram Giyasov Says Rolly Romero Is Avoiding Him

May 21, 2026

Ernesto Mercado Calls Out Keyshawn Davis And Shakur Stevenson

May 21, 2026

Manny Robles Says Mbilli Is No Easy Fight For Canelo

May 21, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Don't Miss

GameThread: Tigers vs. Guardians, 1:10 p.m.

By News RoomMay 21, 2026

Detroit Tigers (20-30) vs. Cleveland Guardians (29-22)Time/Place: 1:10 p.m., Comerica ParkSB Nation Site: Covering the CornerMedia: Detroit SportsNet, MLB.TV,…

Pistons offseason outlook: Offense has to be the focus

May 21, 2026

Eddie Hearn Says Fabio Wardley Made Correct Dubois Decision

May 21, 2026

Freddie Freeman now top 30 all-time in doubles

May 21, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative sports news and updates directly to your inbox.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.