Close Menu
Sports Review News
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Hocky
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
  • More Articles

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative sports news and updates directly to your inbox.

Trending

Roy Jones Jr. Urges Benavidez To Skip Opetaia And Chase Usyk

May 22, 2026

SF Giants could exploit large draft bonus pool to add premium young talent

May 22, 2026

Knicks’ Josh Hart cites Jay Wright after giving now-viral quote about analytics: ‘They’re a lamppost to a drunk person’

May 22, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Sports Review News
SUBSCRIBE
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Hocky
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
  • More Articles
Sports Review News
Home»Motorsport»Piastri “flattered” by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest
Motorsport

Piastri “flattered” by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

News RoomBy News RoomMay 21, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
Piastri “flattered” by rumours of Red Bull F1 interest

McLaren Formula 1 driver Oscar Piastri says Red Bull’s interest in him as a plan B if Max Verstappen leaves is “flattering”, but the Australian denies any knowledge of it.

Earlier this month, Autosport revealed Piastri is on Red Bull’s radar as a long-term replacement for Verstappen, should the Dutchman decide to leave the team. The four-time world champion has been disillusioned with F1’s new regulations and said he had “life decisions” to make after a flawed start to the 2026 rules cycle.

Over the Miami Grand Prix weekend, several sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed that a push to get Piastri was on the table in the scenario that the team lost its four-time world champion, whether by switching to another outfit, taking a sabbatical or leaving F1 altogether.

When asked about the topic in the Canadian Grand Prix paddock, Piastri felt Red Bull’s interest was flattering but said he had no knowledge of it.

“It is news to me, yes,” the Australian said. “There’s obviously not been any discussions or anything, but it’s flattering and there’s not really much more than that, really.

“I think, hopefully, it proves my stock as a driver, which is a nice thing, but I’m very happy with where I am. I’ve got a lot of confidence in this team that we are going to be able to win races and, hopefully, championships in the future, so I’m very happy where I am.


Oscar Piastri, McLaren, Max Verstappen, Red Bull Racing

Photo by: Andrew Ferraro / LAT Images via Getty Images

Piastri is under contract with McLaren through 2027, with Verstappen contracted to the end of 2028 – albeit with several break clauses in his contract depending on Red Bull’s performance.

Speaking on Thursday, Verstappen said F1’s proposed changes to the power unit regulations for 2027, which suggest a 60-40 split between combustion power and electric energy, would be a step forward for F1 and, potentially, for his future in the series.

“It will make the product better, so that means that I’m happier and that’s what I want to be able to continue in Formula 1,” Verstappen said. “Yes or no? Well, it doesn’t matter. I’m happy where I’m at. I see the team really progressing and that’s also very exciting to see. And for me, I always wanted to continue anyway, but I always wanted to see change.”

Read Also:

We want to hear from you!

Let us know what you would like to see from us in the future.

Take our survey

– The Autosport.com Team

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Reddit Email
Previous ArticleRichard Torrez Jr. Says Frank Sanchez Fight Will Prove He Belongs
Next Article Steph Castle shining as Spurs vy for NBA Final berth

Related Posts

Why drivers may not get their wish as F1 2027 power unit talks hit obstacles

May 22, 2026

Mercedes and McLaren debut host of updates at F1 Canadian GP

May 22, 2026

Haas warns against raising F1 cost cap to fix 2027 power unit issues

May 22, 2026

The steps Antonelli and Mercedes have taken to solve his F1 start problem

May 22, 2026

What will F1’s switch to a 60-40 power split bring? The drivers give their verdict

May 22, 2026

Ferrari is down on power “even to Ford”, says Leclerc

May 22, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Don't Miss

Roy Jones Jr. Urges Benavidez To Skip Opetaia And Chase Usyk

By News RoomMay 22, 2026

David Benavidez may have bigger options in front of him than chasing Dmitry Bivol or…

SF Giants could exploit large draft bonus pool to add premium young talent

May 22, 2026

Knicks’ Josh Hart cites Jay Wright after giving now-viral quote about analytics: ‘They’re a lamppost to a drunk person’

May 22, 2026

Why drivers may not get their wish as F1 2027 power unit talks hit obstacles

May 22, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative sports news and updates directly to your inbox.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.