Close Menu
Sports Review News
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Hocky
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
  • More Articles

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative sports news and updates directly to your inbox.

Trending

Glamorous tennis star, 34, set for dramatic return two years after mysteriously vanishing to become lingerie model

May 18, 2026

Albert Bell And Andy Cruz Headed To May 27 Purse Bid

May 18, 2026

Eric Cantona reveals Man Utd were ready to get rid of him before Sir Alex Ferguson’s wife intervened

May 18, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Sports Review News
SUBSCRIBE
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Hocky
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
  • More Articles
Sports Review News
Home»Tennis»Defending champ Carlos Alcaraz WITHDRAWS from French Open after tests as he posts emotional statement leaving fans upset
Tennis

Defending champ Carlos Alcaraz WITHDRAWS from French Open after tests as he posts emotional statement leaving fans upset

News RoomBy News RoomMay 18, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
Defending champ Carlos Alcaraz WITHDRAWS from French Open after tests as he posts emotional statement leaving fans upset

CARLOS ALCARAZ has withdrawn from the French Open through injury.

The two-time French Open winner has made the “complicated” decision to pull out of next month’s Roland Garros following a series of tests.

Sign up for the Sport newsletter

Thank you!

The Spaniard’s team will wait to determine the seriousness of the injury before putting a timeframe on his return to the court.

Alcaraz will not defend his crown as his absence from the court continues with a recurring wrist injury.

He will also withdraw from the ATP Masters 1000 Rome.

The 22-year-old said on X: “After the results of the tests carried out today, we have decided that the most prudent thing is to be cautious.

CAM ON THEN

Tennis star set for dramatic return 2 years after vanishing to become model

DOUBLE

Win a VW Campervan and a Golf R or £80k cash from just 22p with our code

“I’m sure we’ll come out stronger from here.”

Alcaraz added that they will wait to “assess the evolution” of the injury.

The World No.2 won the French Open for the first time in 2024 before retaining his crown the following year.

Last year’s runner-up Jannik Sinner will now be favourite to claim his first French Open title.

And with his Alcaraz’s injury, the Italian will be looking for his career Grand Slam in Paris.

While an injury-free Novak Djokovic could secure a record-breaking 25th Grand Slam.

On X, the Roland-Garros account wrote: “Wishing you all the best in your recovery Carlitos, we’ll miss you.”

One fan added: “Lots of strength, Carlos! You’ll come back stronger to make us all enjoy ourselves as you always do, we love you!”

Someone else said: “Get well, Carlos. On to Wimbledon and dominating what’s left to win on hard courts.”

The absence of Alcaraz will be a huge loss to the tournament.

Last year he and Sinner contested one of the all-time great Grand Slam finals.

Alcaraz came from two sets down to triumph over his rival.

The 2026 tournament starts on 18 May.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Reddit Email
Previous ArticleEngland’s World Cup stars taking their own BEDDING to US after complaints hotel mattresses are ‘too hard’
Next Article How did Brandon Clarke die? What we know about unexpected death of Grizzlies forward

Related Posts

Glamorous tennis star, 34, set for dramatic return two years after mysteriously vanishing to become lingerie model

May 18, 2026

World’s sexiest tennis star shows off bra under open jacket in sultry snaps as fans call her ‘beautiful goddess’

May 18, 2026

Morgan Riddle appears to confirm she’s SPLIT with Taylor Fritz as eagle-eyed fans spot tell-tale signs in latest post

May 17, 2026

Former Wimbledon finalist, 32, labelled ‘divine’ as she stuns in low-cut summer dress

May 17, 2026

Andy Murray to make stunning Wimbledon return as tennis legend lands incredible new role ahead of tournament

May 17, 2026

Andy Murray’s brother reveals shock at tennis star’s surprise Wimbledon return in stunning new coaching role

May 17, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Don't Miss

Glamorous tennis star, 34, set for dramatic return two years after mysteriously vanishing to become lingerie model

By News RoomMay 18, 2026

CAMILA GIORGI plans to return to tennis in 2027. The Italian, 34, has not played…

Albert Bell And Andy Cruz Headed To May 27 Purse Bid

May 18, 2026

Eric Cantona reveals Man Utd were ready to get rid of him before Sir Alex Ferguson’s wife intervened

May 18, 2026

Dodgers pitcher Roki Sasaki produces career outing vs Angels

May 18, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative sports news and updates directly to your inbox.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.