Close Menu
Sports Review News
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Hocky
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
  • More Articles

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative sports news and updates directly to your inbox.

Trending

Blake Snell and Dodgers sweep Pirates for their sixth consecutive win

August 23, 2026

Knicks’ development of Mohamed Diawara, Pacome Dadiet key in solving salary cap crunch

August 23, 2026

Joy for Jamieson after ending 14-year wait for second victory

August 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Sports Review News
SUBSCRIBE
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Hocky
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
  • More Articles
Sports Review News
Home»Boxing»Hearn Claims TKO Paid For Tyson Fury Story Reposts
Boxing

Hearn Claims TKO Paid For Tyson Fury Story Reposts

News RoomBy News RoomAugust 23, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
Hearn Claims TKO Paid For Tyson Fury Story Reposts

Eddie Hearn has accused TKO of financially incentivizing journalists to amplify Tyson Fury’s version of the contract dispute involving Anthony Joshua. He offered no evidence of payments and did not identify anyone who accepted an incentive.

The Matchroom promoter made the allegation during Saturday night’s post-fight press conference following George Liddard’s win over Dario Morello.


Follow Boxing News 24 on Google News

“Firstly, that’s a plant,” Hearn said after revealing that BoxingScene reporter Lance Pugmire had contacted him about an email he received. “It was sent by TKO to journalists. I actually was told by a number of people that they’re financially incentivizing people to repost Tyson Fury’s story of him trying to spin the narrative. It’s absolutely wild what’s going on.”

Hearn then disputed how the circulated document had been presented.

“The email that was sent was an email between Matchroom and Sela detailing outstanding points that we want resolved. The addendum that was sent to Sela regarding the changes that we want to the contract if you want to do the fight in the US did not have one of those things from that leaked email in.”

Selective Leak or Paid Campaign?

At least two media outlets obtained the disputed information. Hearn named Pugmire, while The Sun stated that it was among several media organizations given the material. No complete list of recipients has been made public.

That reinforces Hearn’s contention that the email was circulated selectively, though it falls well short of proving that reporters received financial incentives. Providing favorable information to selected reporters is a familiar tactic during a contentious negotiation. Pugmire’s possession of the material only shows that someone wanted its contents made public. It does not reveal who sent it directly or establish that money changed hands.

The distinction between the email and the addendum is also central to Hearn’s defense. He maintains that the leaked correspondence covered unresolved business between Matchroom and Sela, while the addendum contained separate terms required for moving Joshua vs Fury from Britain to the United States.

Until Hearn produces evidence, the alleged paid media campaign remains hearsay. Obtaining a leaked document is not proof that a reporter was rewarded for publicizing it.

Youtube video

BoxingNews24.com has delivered independent boxing coverage since 2007, including original news, fight analysis, schedules, and results. Our experienced boxing writers cover major fighters and events worldwide, with published content reviewed by editors for accuracy, clarity, and reliable sourcing.

Click here to subscribe to our FREE newsletter

Related Boxing News:

Categories Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury

Boxing News 24 » Anthony Joshua » Hearn Claims TKO Paid For Tyson Fury Story Reposts

Last Updated on 2026/08/23 at 3:55 PM

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Reddit Email
Previous ArticleJays Lose To Yankees – Yahoo Sports
Next Article Cammish beats Sutton for Ford 1-2 in race two

Related Posts

Xander Zayas Faces Dangerous Road At Middleweight

August 23, 2026

Putting Moses Itauma Behind A Paywall Hurts His Future

August 23, 2026

Julian Jackson vs Gerald McClellan: Five Rounds of Violence

August 23, 2026

Rolly Romero Demands Teofimo Lopez Rematch

August 23, 2026

Hearn Says Anthony Joshua Contract Has Already Been Breached

August 23, 2026

Lopez Wants Three Unifications Without Facing One Mandatory

August 23, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Don't Miss

Blake Snell and Dodgers sweep Pirates for their sixth consecutive win

By News RoomAugust 23, 2026

The heroes for the Dodgers on Sunday needed no introduction.Fans have known them in blue…

Knicks’ development of Mohamed Diawara, Pacome Dadiet key in solving salary cap crunch

August 23, 2026

Joy for Jamieson after ending 14-year wait for second victory

August 23, 2026

Xander Zayas Faces Dangerous Road At Middleweight

August 23, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative sports news and updates directly to your inbox.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
© 2026 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.