Close Menu
Sports Review News
  • Home
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Hocky
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Motorsport
  • Tennis

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative sports news and updates directly to your inbox.

Trending

Ryan Garcia Says Shakur Stevenson ‘Isn’t That Good’ and Is Overhyped’

August 29, 2025

Man Utd agree deals to get rid of Rasmus Hojlund and Antony as Ruben Amorim’s Bomb Squad quickly disappearing

August 29, 2025

Two-start pitchers: Joe Ryan fronts the list of appetizing options for the week of September 1

August 29, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Sports Review News
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Football
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Hocky
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Motorsport
  • Tennis
Sports Review News
Home»Baseball»Walker Buehler released after struggle-filled season with the Red Sox
Baseball

Walker Buehler released after struggle-filled season with the Red Sox

News RoomBy News RoomAugust 29, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Telegram Copy Link
Walker Buehler released after struggle-filled season with the Red Sox

Walker Buehler has been released by the Boston Red Sox, the team announced on Friday.

The 31-year-old right-hander, who signed a one-year, $21.05 million contract in the offseason, struggled in his first season in Boston, so much so that Red Sox manager Alex Cora decided to move Buehler to the bullpen last week.

[Join or create a Yahoo Fantasy Football league for the 2025 NFL season]

In 23 appearances this season, Buehler compiled a 5.45 ERA with 84 strikeouts in 112.1 innings. That strikeout rate of 6.7 per nine innings is the lowest of his eight MLB seasons. Buehler has also allowed 120 hits, an average of 9.6 per nine frames and 55 walks for a 4.4 per nine average that’s the highest of his career.

Buehler missed the entire 2023 season after undergoing the second Tommy John surgery of his career and returned to register a 5.38 ERA in 16 starts last year for the Los Angeles Dodgers. He showed improvement during the Dodgers’ postseason run to a World Series championship, striking out 13 and allowing six hits in 15 innings.

The hope was that he could show even more improvement with the Red Sox and re-enter the free-agent market seeking more than a one-year, “prove it” contract. Yet he allowed nine earned runs in 9 1/3 innings during his first two starts of the season and eventually went on the injured list due to right shoulder bursitis. After allowing seven runs in two innings on June 6 versus the Yankees, Buehler said he was “f***ing embarrassing.”

Prior to undergoing surgery, Buehler earned All-Star honors in 2019 and 2021, when he went a combined 30-8 with a 2.87 ERA.

The release of Buehler corresponds with the promotion of top pitching prospect Payton Tolle, who will start Friday’s game against Paul Skenes and the Pittsburgh Pirates.

The Red Sox are currently 3.5 games out of first place in the AL East and sitting in the first wild card spot with 27 games to play in the regular season.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Telegram Reddit Email
Previous ArticleCan “surprisingly fast” Aston Martin stay in the mix at F1’s Dutch Grand Prix?
Next Article Tottenham’s new £52m star Xavi Simons was mentored by Neymar, named after Barcelona legend and idolises Modric

Related Posts

Two-start pitchers: Joe Ryan fronts the list of appetizing options for the week of September 1

August 29, 2025

Mets activate Jonah Tong ahead of big-league debut, option Kevin Herget

August 29, 2025

Kyle Schwarber’s insane 4-HR game, another top pitching prospect debuts & a problem for the Brewers

August 29, 2025

Brewers at Blue Jays Prediction: Odds, expert picks, starting pitchers, betting trends, stats for August 29

August 29, 2025

Fantasy Baseball Waiver Wire: Run — don’t walk — to add Mets pitching prospect Jonah Tong for MLB debut

August 29, 2025

Pirates at Red Sox Prediction: Odds, expert picks, starting pitchers, betting trends, and stats for August 29

August 29, 2025
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Don't Miss

Ryan Garcia Says Shakur Stevenson ‘Isn’t That Good’ and Is Overhyped’

By News RoomAugust 29, 2025

Ryan Garcia says WBC lightweight champion Shakur Stevenson “isn’t that good.” He states that Shakur…

Man Utd agree deals to get rid of Rasmus Hojlund and Antony as Ruben Amorim’s Bomb Squad quickly disappearing

August 29, 2025

Two-start pitchers: Joe Ryan fronts the list of appetizing options for the week of September 1

August 29, 2025

Fourmaux leads while puncture costs title hopeful Ogier

August 29, 2025

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative sports news and updates directly to your inbox.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact
© 2025 Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.